The Definition of Theology
The Definition of Theology
Theology should be defined as Seeking Triune God and His Blessings.
God’s Blessings are the desired results. From bottom to top, Blessings mainly include life, wealth, fame / social status, big family, health and long life, the prosperity of offspring (seed), blessings to others, and eternal life in Heaven (Eternity).
Triune God created and controls the whole world. Every happening in the world comes from God. All man’s knowledge derives from the segments of God’s creation. The Word of God shows the power by compiling all happenings and all knowledge of the world.
Triune God is the ultimate Goal. God’s blessings come from God, the simplest principle always ignored by man. Man forgets God and just wants the blessings, which is the sin of man. Man lives in sin, naturally selects curses and miseries, and repeats the cycles for more agonies and deaths. So man needs to repent, find God, and walk with God. The more a man is close to God, the fewer curses he is bound and the more blessings God gives to him. In a word, God is the Goal, and blessings follow.
The Word of God is the direction of God’s blessings. The sequence of blessing is Triune God, the Word of God (The Holy Bible), all happenings of the world, man influenced, man receiving God’s blessings. Man lives in the world and is perplexed by the happenings of the world. Most people misunderstand the curses as blessings and receive the curses. To receive blessings, man needs to learn and understand the Word, then understand Triune God and the world, discern the happenings of the world, and then receive the blessings of Triune God.
The Word has several key points. The Word (The Holy Bible) is a huge perfect logic system, but too complex for nearly all people. Satan can’t invent new things, so uses the fragments of the Word to mislead people to curses and deaths. To prevent Satan, several key points need to highlight all the time:
Triune God, Jesus Christ the Savior, the Cross (the symbol of all blessings), the two greatest commandments, the creation of world and man by God, the sin of man, the Law of God, and the Lord’s Prayer.
God is perfect and consistent, so is His Logic (the Word). The key points exist together perfectly and support each other. Satan can’t assemble a perfect logic when uses the Word. With all key points checking every happening and the underlying words, the deeds and intentions of Satan are clearly exposed. Remembering the key points and examining the world constantly, man can avoid fatal curses and accumulate blessings, especially for offspring.
Seeking is a continuous dynamic process that lasts the whole life and to future generations. Correct theology, as a process, must include the 3 characteristics mentioned above. Without the mindset of process, a theology is wrong; without dynamics (the sign of life), wrong; without continuation, wrong; without considering future generations, wrong.
As a process, theology can be developed with the following steps:
1. Learning: Worship Triune God --- receive Jesus Christ as Savior --- recognize the Cross (symbol of Life and blessings) --- study the Word of God (Holy Bible) --- examine God’s Blessings --- meditate the Law of God day and night;
2. Understanding: understand Triune God (Trinity) --- understand the world --- understand man --- understand human societies --- comprehend God in greater breadth, and length, and depth, and height with understanding more of the world --- foresee the future happenings of the world according to the Word
3. Actions: fear God --- love God --- walk with God
4. Results: receive blessings from God --- repent on wrongdoings and losses --- hope on God’s promises and more blessings.
5. Next level: more learning --- wider and deeper understanding --- further actions --- better results --- enhanced hope --- till the end of life --- pass to the future generations --- blessings of God on the future generations
Hope, not wish nor wishful thinking, is crucial in the seeking process of theology. Hope leads to life and other blessings, while wish and wishful thinking cause curses and deaths. Satan and his servants always confuse people on the matter. Man needs to check very carefully all the time concerning hope.
Hope is the real-world solid blessing promises of God that will surely happen. Hope is the logical result of the Word. In the appearance, the Word gives man hope and hope will come true. In reality, however, it is a whole process: the Word gives man the promises of blessing --- the Word causes all happenings of the world --- happenings influence man --- man reacts to the happenings --- right reactions based on the Word leads to blessings.
Hope needs to be carefully checked all the time in the whole process. The key questions include: what are God’s promises? Under what circumstances the promises will realize? How does a man receive the promises? What are the specific limitations and potentials of the man being promised? How will the world change according to the Word? How will the changes influence people and the man being promised? What should the man do in the whole changing process? How should the man receive blessings from God?
Wish is the promises someone makes to himself/herself. For example, a person says: “I hope I have a mansion. Or I hope I become a billionaire”. However, they haven’t any ground to realize the “hope”. And it should be described as “I wish”. Most people don't know the difference between wish and hope. All kinds of false/wrong theology mislead people to wish, not real hope. People support wrong theology to grow, and wrong theology misleads more people. Then more and more people unconsciously work for their unfounded wishes, heading to curses and deaths. As Christ Jesus said: “Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. (KJV Mat 15:14)”
Wishful thinking is more complicated than a wish, though with the same basics. Wishful thinking can be described as a logic system designed by man. Most of the wishful thinking plans shattered when they hit the reality because these plans were made on wrong assumptions or flawed logic. Some wishful thinking looks very promising, attract many people to participate and can last for quite a long time. All wrong theologies are also wishful thinking, some of which last long time till today.
Wishful thinking leads groups of people to unfounded wishes and to be trapped in curses and deaths. When the world changes drastically, wishful thinking will lose supports from people, and then collapse. As Christ Jesus said: “And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell—and great was its collapse! (KJV Mat 7:26-27)”
With the definition, theology can solve the following questions in the real world:
1. Discerning of different religions/-isms: Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism, Taoism, early Christian theologies, Christian Orthodox, Christian Catholics, Christian Reformation (Protestants), Islam, Capitalism, Socialism and Communism, and etc.
2. Revelations to social subjects: different kinds of philosophies, war and peace, law and order, science and technology, society and culture, politics and economics, organizations and management, and etc.
3. Analysis on the way to life: the general trend of the whole world, the macro-environment of region or country, the specific situations of area and family, personal conditions in and out, the best way to grow and become strong, the right direction/specialty to follow the truth, the way of maximizing the effects of being salt and light of the world, the best way to receive the blessings, and etc.
4. Specific choices and actions: choices between short term and long term, evolution and revolution, individual and collective, (seemingly) right and left, and etc.; actions of preparation, resistance, neutral (no action), offense, mental vs. physical, and etc.
5. Decisions on life or death situations: every such situation is rooted in theology and should be solved based upon theology. However, most people resort to wrong religions or tools and head to deaths.
The following contents explain the definition with more analyses on different sections, giving a clearer road map for God’s blessings.